The cyclical nature of the Christmas holidays allows us to come home once a year, to gather with family, friends and loved ones near and far, if only in our hearts and dreams. For us, the music of Christmas has always been central to that sense of home and family, and is a special part our holiday celebrations. Some of our favorite musicians join us in the musical celebration.
Produced by Mike and Carleen McCornack, mixed by Don Ross, with cover art by Beverly Soasey. Kent Peterson did the interior portrait photography.Garden Variety Record Company (cat. no. 7410) (CD).
Some of our traditional favorites, some better known, some less often heard, along with two originals. An ideal soundtrack for the Christmas holiday season. Bev Soasey does her magic on a warm and wonderful cover illustration.
- At Last I’m Ready For Christmas (Stan Rogers)
- Who Comes This Night (Sally Stevens and Dave Grusin)
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (J. Fred Coots and Haven Gillespie)
- The Christmas Song (Mike McCornack)
- The Friendly Beasts (traditional carol)
- O Come, O Come Emmanuel (traditional carol)
- Quelle est cette odeur agreable (traditional French carol)
- Coventry Carol (traditional carol)
- The Holly and the Ivy (traditional carol)
- In The Bleak Midwinter (traditional carol, text Cristina Rossetti)
- Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep (Irving Berlin)
- My Grandmother’s Mincemeat Pie (Mike McCornack)
Carleen McCornack – guitar, vocals
Mike McCornack – guitar, banjo, bass and vocals
Eileen Sterns – hammered dulcimer, mandolin, harp, accordion
Kevin McCornack – bassoon, harmonica
Dale Bradley – cello
Andy McCornack – percussion
Michael Curtis – English Horn